The Illinois Association of Colleges of Nursing aims to be a resource for all colleges of nursing in the state of Illinois.
Learn more about open positions at our partner colleges and universities.
Critical/Complex Care Nursing Faculty – Beginning Fall 2021
Department: SHHS – School of Nursing (undergraduate program)
Position Description: Primary academic responsibilities, including classroom teaching, simulation, and clinical oversight in the undergraduate program, emphasizing critical/complex systems care. The faculty member will work in collaboration with the other faculty and the Director for the BSN Program. The faculty member may have additional teaching responsibilities. In addition to teaching and student advisement, faculty have responsibilities associated with scholarship and service to the school and University. Professional Track
- RN, MSN, 2-years’ clinical experience as an RN required, board-certified preferred
- PhD. or DNP preferred
- Experience teaching undergraduate nursing students
- Provide a student-centered learning environment, which enables students to attain success.
- Maintain program and course outcomes at a level to ensure appropriate workplace competency levels for graduates.
- Reporting concerns regarding student academic progress to Academic Advisors and Program Director.
- Refer students with questions regarding financial aid, academics, attendance, and personal issues or concerns to the appropriate departments.
- Actively assisting the Schools in retention efforts.
- Collaborate with School faculty regarding course and program curricular development and evaluation.
- Participate in course, program, and institutional assessment and quality improvement as assigned.
- Regularly attend and participate in faculty meetings.
- Assist Director and Dean in developing and implementing new programs as assigned.
- Remain current with trends, techniques, and advances in technology in health care.
- Maintain open and timely communication with students through the University’s e-mail.
- Provide students with appropriate guidance regarding academic excellence and attendance.
- Model professionalism and Christian ethics.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Academic Director or Dean.
- Maintain and submit accurate and timely reports for student grades.
Interested applicants should submit a letter of intent and current vita to:
Cynthia Hudson, Dean
School of Nursing and Health Sciences, 3225 W. Foster Avenue, Box 22
Chicago, IL 60625
After initial screening, references, essays and official transcripts will be required. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Department: School of Nursing and Health Science
Reports To: Dean of the School of Nursing and Health Science
Position Summary: The Pre-Nursing Advisor would be responsible for providing all pre-nursing students academic advising to apply to the nursing program. This position will help students who are ineligible for the program find an alternative path to graduation. Students would be assigned to a new advisor upon starting the nursing program. The Pre-nursing advisor would be the primary contact for pre-nursing students.
- Provide Academic Advising for all undergraduate students seeking to apply to the nursing program.
- Evaluate transfer student profiles and coordinate an academic path for students interested in applying to the nursing program.
- Facilitate events as requested for potential Pre-Nursing students to explore their interest in nursing as a profession.
- Provide periodic information and advising sessions for all pre-nursing students.
- Take the lead in developing pre-nursing advisor email communications and keep Program Director and other faculty pre-nursing advisors informed.
- Advise pre-nursing students and transfer students on the Nursing program application process.
- Management pre-nursing students’ applications.
- Provide data and context to the Nursing Program’s Selection and Progression Committee regarding individual student’s academic performance in the Pre-Nursing Curriculum.
- Work with the Dean and Program Director to identify enrollment trends in classes to provide a data-driven assessment of how many seats are needed in pre-requisite courses.
- Communicate with the Division of Science as needed regarding increasing section enrollment or additional sections in collaboration with Program Director.
- Serve as liaison to institutions the Nursing Program has articulation agreements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in higher education administration preferred.
- Experience in student advised preferred.
- Excellent organizational ability, communication skills, and time management.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Computer literacy and familiarity with Word, Excel, and Datatel/Colleague.
- Understanding and appreciation of the SoN program and processes
- Sensitivity to the needs of both professional faculty and students with varying levels of preparedness.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Understand the details of the Nursing Program’s curricular policy.
- Hold a clear understanding and personal commitment to North Park’s mission of Christian higher education.
Effective Date: March 2021
NOTE: Nothing in this job description restricts the supervisor’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.